When you've drawn a tag and are gearing up to go backcountry, this is the pack you want. 3500 cubic inches and purpose-built with CORDURA® 560D Tactical Nylon, a polyurethane waterproof coating, and YKK® AquaGuard® Water Repellant Zippers, the Crestone will comfortably keep all of your gear safe and dry. And we guarantee that for life.
When it came time to put this pack into the field for testing, we handed it off to our good friend and avid hunter Fred Bohm. Fred loaded it up and climbed up above 13,000' to scout Rocky Mountian Bighorns right under the Crestone Needle and Crestone Mountain. These are two of the nastiest fourteeners in Colorado and require a serious level of commitment just to summit them. Fred spent several weeks navigating around the Sangre De Cristo Mountain Range, trying to get eyes on the bighorns in preparation for his upcoming hunt, and this pack was with him every step of the way. Once he packed all his gear, hauled it in, and established base camp, Fred was able to sinch the Crestone pack down and comfortably use it for quick excursions away from basecamp. The numerous internal compartments were perfect for keeping all of Fred's gear exactly where he wanted it and easily accessible. After a hardcore mountain test like that, how could we not place the Crestone name on this pack?
Purpose-built with CORDURA® 560D Tactical Nylon, polyurethane waterproof coating, and YKK® AquaGuard® Water Repellant Zippers, the 3500ci Crestone will comfortably keep all of your gear keep your gear safe and dry. A quick detach system easily separates the pack from the aluminum frame. The integrated bottom shelf offers plenty of support, no matter how much meat you are packing out. To make this pack even more helpful, we included a 5W solar panel to charge your electronics when you are far from the grid. The panel stores behind the lumbar padding and can be used to adjust the shoulder yoke and customize the fit to your body. To make packing easy, we added a large U-shaped zipper for the full access you would expect in a suitcase, while the traditional top load opening allows you to grab just what you need when you need it. A large zippered front pocket is perfect for storing your spotting scope or rain shell. Strategically placed side pockets and shock cord loops keep your gear organized and close at hand. A detachable top organizer lid with a stretch exterior pocket and mesh interior pocket adds even more storage. The included Weapon harness and attachment straps can be side or rear-mounted. The waist belt offers front pull adjustment and removable Molle hip pouches. Heavily padded shoulder straps with adjustable sternum strap and load lifter straps distribute your load comfortable and non-slip silicone print inside the waist belt, and shoulder straps keep the pack from moving around during your trek. This pack is engineered to go the distance with you anytime and every time, and we guarantee it for life.
- Size: 3500 cubic inches
- CORDURA® 560D Tactical Nylon with PU waterproof coating
- Traditional Top Load AND Large U-shaped Zipper for Full Access (like suitcase)
- Quick detach system separates the pack from the frame, and a bottom shelf to support
- (4) Adjustable Shock cord Loops for shooting sticks, trekking poles, included solar panel or other accessory mounting
- Large Zippered front pocket with CORDURA® 500D Stretch Nylon. Perfect for spotting scope, jacket, etc
- Detachable top organizer lid with stretch exterior pocket and mesh interior pocket.
- Side stretch pockets for water bottles, shooting sticks or other accessories
- Side or rear mounting Weapon harness and attachment straps
- Hydration reservoir compatible
- Front pull waist belt adjustment
- Removable Molle Hip Pouches
- 5W solar panel stores behind the lumbar padding and can be used to adjustable shoulder yoke for custom fit
- YKK® AquaGuard® Water Repellant Zippers
- (2) Aluminum frame stays
- Heavily padded shoulder straps with adjustable sternum strap and load lifter straps
- Non-slip silicone print inside waist belt and shoulder straps
- Weight: 99.2 ounces
I did not get to use it much. But I like what I saw so far. It has a lot of room. I like the solar panel.
Great quality construction
Comfortable with weight
Adaptable from multi day pack to day pack
Top flops around unless pack is fully loaded
Buckles on the load lifters falls out unless under tension
Great all around pick, lots of room, the inside zipper pockets are great for keeping small items from filling to the bottom and getting lost. My only gripe if the top cover is hard to adjust in a way that it doesn’t swing and move unless completely packed full- like 99% of all other packs. Other than that a great pack, lots of adjustability, and very comfortable
I love backpack, I'm worried about one thing..... The two buckle straps on top keep come off. Unless the weight is to keep them attached when it has a heavy load applied to it. I haven't used it hunting yet, but this is the only concern I have at this point.
everything on this pack is awesome..been using it on hunting trips .very comfortable and durable..
Have not taken this to the woods yet but I think it will be great for packing back in on a hunt